COLLEGE OF EDUCATION (COEd)
Transforming lives and communities through learning, Pamantasan ng Cabuyao, College of Education should be known globally as the established producer of knowledge workers in the field of education. It should shape and develop globally competitive value laden quality teachers and school leaders who are empowered catalysts for a better world through advocacy, linkages and extension.
The mission of the College of Education is the spiritual, moral, intellectual physical and emotional development of the total person, who is a man conscious of his eternal destiny, aware of regional and rational development goals and ready to meet the challenges of life and pursuits of his objectives in whatever state or level he may be.
The College of Education was created right after the approval of the Municipal Ordinance No. 2003-059 as per resolution No. 060-2003. It is ordinance establishing Pamantasan ng Cabuyao. The department of College of Education is in charge for training the future teachers. It was formally opened on June 2003.
In article X, Miscellaneous Provision, Section 4, subsection B of the Municipal Ordinance, the College of Education has the following courses that may be offered leading to Bachelor of Science in Early Childhood Education, Bachelor of Elementary Education and Bachelor of Secondary Education. However, when it opened in June 2003 due to unavailability of faculty to teach in Early Childhood Education, only BEED and BSED were opened with the following specialization: English, Mathematics, Filipino and Social Studies.
At present, the College of Education offers certificate in teaching program for non-education graduates where general point average of 2.0 or 85% or better is required. This will not only qualify them to teach in the basic education of DepEd but for them to qualify to take the Licensure Examination for Teachers given by the Professional Regulation Commission.
In the school year 2009-2010, the college of Education is on its Vertical Integration with the College of Graduate Studies.
- Raise awareness of in-service teachers and administrators on the changing realities of learning and school management.
- Stimulate professional growth and improve practice in implementing educational changes in their specific areas of concern.
- Provide a venue for exploring new ways of managing the different leaning areas, content, strategies and delivery mode to effect change among the learners.
- Upgrade teachers competencies by sending them to seminars, in-service training or through a system of continuing education.
- Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education
- Bachelor of Science in Secondary Education Major in English
- Bachelor of Science in Secondary Education Major in Filipino
- Bachelor of Science in Secondary Education Major in Mathematics
- Bachelor of Science in Secondary Education Major in Social Studies